audioBooks: Downloading to a ComputerWatch a video from Vancouver Public Library about how to download audioBooks to OverDrive Media Console.
MP3 vs WMAaudioBooks are available in 2 different formats: MP3 and WMA. MP3:
- Compatible with most devices, including Mac and Windows computers
- Can be transferred to iPod or other compatible music players
- Can be downloaded directly to mobile devices (such as smartphones and tablets) using the OverDrive Media Console app
- Compatible with just Windows computers
- Can be transferred to an iPod or other compatible music player
Find & Download audioBooks to Your Computer
- In your browser, search for audioBooks through the eLibraries website.
- When you find a book, click on its cover and then “Borrow”.
- If you’re not already logged in, enter your library name and library card number.
- To download audioBooks to your computer, you'll first need to download the Overdrive Media Console (you only need to download this once).
- Then, from your Overdrive bookshelf, click "Download". If offered a choice, select "MP3 Audiobook" and then click "Confirm and Download". Choose to open the file with Overdrive Media Console. Click "okay" or "yes" to any pop-ups that may appear.
Find out more:
- About the Service
- Compatible Devices
- Finding and Borrowing Items & Placing Holds